Due to new Kennel Permit Standards released by Los Angeles Animal Services all dogs that board with us MUST have the following on file at K9s Only:
- Current Rabies Certificate (separate from the general vaccine certificate) signed by veterinarian
- Proof of current DHLPP & Bordetella vaccines or titer signed by veterinarian
- Spay/Neuter Verification
- Breeders Permit if dog is unaltered or proof of an exemption specified in Sec. 58.15.2
Failure to comply with the revised standards will be cause for revocation of K9s Only's permit to operate. Therefore, please make sure that your vet faxes us your dogs vaccination records or bring copies when you check in.
You must bring the above paperwork the day of boarding. You can have your vet fax certificates and shot records to 818-342-3120 (Tarzana) or (310) 943-2662 (West LA) prior to check-in. Please call K9s Only to confirm that we have received your records from your vet before checking in.
All dogs welcome!
K9s Only welcomes dogs of all sizes, breeds and temperaments. If your dog is social with others and has received a daycare / socialization evaluation, he may be placed into a play group which matches his energy level, temperament and personality, going out a minimum of four times during the day and allowed to play in our free-range indoor/outdoor dog park. If your dog is not social with others, we offer additional private play yards where they can enjoy playtime with a staff member or relaxation time on a cozy dog bed.
Vaccinations and Flea Treatment
All dogs must be current on vaccinations and in good health. If your dog appears to exhibit symptoms of illness at the time of check-in, we will be unable to accept the dog for boarding.
All dogs must also be current on flea treatment (Frontline, Advantage, etc.). Pets that enter the facility with fleas or ticks will be bathed and given flea treatment at the owner's expense.
K9s Only provides bedding for dogs that board with us. We additionally provide bowls, treats and toys. We prefer that you do not bring personal items as we cannot guarantee their condition upon check-out. K9s Only is not responsible for lost or misplaced personal belonging.
K9s Only provides Wellness brand dog food for all dogs boarding with us as well as fresh cooked stews for an extra fee. Owners are encouraged to bring their own brand of dog food as most dogs are sensitive to sudden dietary changes. If bringing your own food, please provide ample food for your dog's entire stay. We do ask that food bags be no larger than 20 lbs. and multiple bags are acceptable.
Should your dog require medical attention while staying at K9s Only, we will do our best to contact you first, before we take your dog to the vet. If the emergency is life threatening, we will rush your dog to the vet immediately. You are financially responsible for all emergency and non-emergency medical care. If you are unable to be reached via phone, we will contact the emergency contact listed on your client card.
We feed on your dog's schedule whether he is fed once or twice a day. We give prescribed pill medication at no charge. Specialized medical treatment will incur a $5 per treatment cost. There is also a $5 per day fee for specially cooked meals or raw food diet.
Our Tarzana hours are Monday - Friday from 7am - 7pm and on Saturdays from 8am - 6pm. Closed on Sundays and holidays. West Los Angeles summer hours are Monday - Friday 7am-8pm, Saturdays from 8am - 6pm and Sundays from 9am-2pm. Check-out time is before noon. Check in time is after 12:00pm. Please call to make arrangements for early check in.
Dogs in grooming are required to be picked up after grooming is complete. The grooming kennels are small and not meant to hold dogs for long periods of time. A $20 late pick up fee will be charged if your dog is not picked up within two hours. Dogs that are left longer will be assigned to a kennel and a $45 day boarding fee will be charged. We recommend scheduling a half day of daycare play (Social dogs) and grooming after playtime to ensure your dog has a relaxing and fun day.
Check out time is before noon. Dogs leaving after noon and before 2pm are subject to a $20 late check out fee. Dogs leaving between 2pm and 6pm are subject to a$45 day boarding fee. We do not check dogs out after 7pm Monday-Friday or after 6pm on Saturday. Pick up on Sunday is not available.
K9s Only accepts Visa, Discover, Mastercard and Cash. Payment is due upon check-out. If owner is unable to make payment, the pet is held at the owner's expense until such time as the owner can provide payment.
Pick-up by Non-Owner
K9s Only will not release any pet to anyone other than the owner unless prior arrangements are made. In this case payment is required at check-in. Non-owners will need to show ID at pick-up.
During non-holidays, we require a minimum notice 48 hours before your check-in date or 50% of the original boarding fee is required as payment. During holidays, we require a 5 day minimum notice before your check-in date or 50% of the original boarding fee is required as payment. ANY reservation that fall over a holiday is considered a holiday reservation, and therefore requires 5 days notice. (i.e. If you are booked December 20- December 30, you would need to cancel your reservation by December 15th as your reservation falls over a holiday.)
- Please note that reservations made during holidays will require a 50% deposit to hold your reservation. If your reservation is canceled after the cancelation deadline, your will loose your deposit.
For further clarification, please call and speak with one of our receptionist or managers.
Changes in date/Failure to pick-up
If your dog is picked up prior to original check-out date, and you do not contact us, you are responsible for payment through the original date. If your dog is not picked up on the scheduled check-out date, and you do not contact us, there is a $100 per day fee. After 14 days, dog is considered abandoned. (Find out more information about California's Animal Abandonment Law.) K9s Only will report any abandoned animal immediately and take appropriate action if not contacted by the owner within the allowed time frame.
K9s Only Staff, Practitioners and or Trainers are not liable for any injury, death, sickness or damage to dog(s) who stay at K9s Only. K9s Only Staff, Practitioners and or Trainers are not liable for any damage the dog(s) may cause to any other dog, to any family member or any third party during or after their stay with K9s Only. All owners must take responsibility for their dogs' actions while staying at K9s Only.
Thank you for visiting our website. While you browse and use this web site, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use, which govern K9s Only relationship with you in relation to this web site.
- K9s Only strives to maintain our website with current information and ensure that the site is available to you when you need it. However, we take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the web site being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
- The content of the pages of this web site is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, reliability, availability, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this web site for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this web site is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this web site meet your specific requirements. You hereby indemnify, defend, and hold us and our affiliates and our officers, directors, owners, agents, information providers, affiliates, licensors and licensees harmless from and against any and all liabilities and costs incurred in connection with any claim arising out of any breach by you of this agreement or claims arising from your use of our web site. You shall cooperate with us in the defense of any claim. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you.
- This web site contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- K9s Only is a registered trademark.
- Unauthorized use of this web site may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
- Your use of this web site and any dispute arising out of such use of the web site is subject to the laws of the state of California.
K9s Only and it's affiliate New Leash On Life is concerned with protecting your privacy. Any information collected by our staff is used to provide you with the best care for your dog. Your email address will only be used to notify you via a monthly email newsletter to inform you about special offers, discounts and information that we think you'd appreciate. Your email address is not sold, rented or traded, ever! To be removed from our newsletter database, please follow the directions on the e-newsletter to unsubscribe.
Monday through Friday: 7am to 7pm
Saturday: 8am to 6pm
West Los Angeles- SUMMER HOURS
Monday through Friday: 7am to 8pm
Saturday: 8am to 6pm
Sunday: 9am to 2pm
K9s Only West Los Angeles
2040 Cotner Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90025
We are located just east of the 405 freeway between Olympic and Santa Monica. Take the Olympic/Pico exit and travel north on Sawtelle. Turn right on Olympic then left on Cotner. Our building is on the right hand side of the street. You may park on the street on in the lot in front of the building.
K9s Only Tarzana
Phone: 818.344.WOOF (9663)
18603 Topham Street
Tarzana CA 91335
We are located approximately 1/2 mile north of the 101 freeway. Take the Reseda Blvd. exit and travel north (make a right if you are coming from Los Angeles). Travel approximately 1/2 mile to Topham Street (just past Oxnard St. and the Metro Orange Bus Line), turn left.
Our building is on the right hand side of the street. You may park on the street; in the back, behind K9s Only; or across the street in the Orange Line bus parking lot.